WorkWell NC provides worksites evidence based and practice based tools and strategies to create and support effective workplace wellness programs. The WorkWell NC website offers workplace wellness resources organized by the CDC's Worksite Health ScoreCardcategories. www.workwellnc.com
Research has shown comprehensive and effective workplace wellness programs reduce sick leave absenteeism, health care costs, and workers; compensation and disabilities claim costs. Workplace wellness also improves retention and morale of employees.
There is no cost to use or access WorkWell NC website.com. There may be some minimal/low cost for some resources identified on the website.
Key Steps for Implementation
1. Complete the CDC Worksite Health ScoreCard
2. Use results from the ScoreCard assessment to identify priority questions and opportunities to address through worksite wellness programs.
3. Identify worksite health priorities.
4. Use WorkWell NC to identify resources and tools aligned with CDC ScoreCard priority questions to create a healthy work environment.
Policies, Laws and Regulations
The ACA includes specific language related to protection of personal health information and how incentives are structured in health plans and wellness programs.
Required Staffing (FTEs)
WorkWell NC is supported and maintained by the community and Clinical Connections for Prevention and Health (CCCPH) Branch of the NC Division of Public Health.
The WorkWell NC website is free of charge. WorkWell NC provides low cost, no cost resources.
The infrastructure for WorkWell NC includes support from the CCCPH Worksite Wellness and School Coordinator and the CCCPH Communications Coordinator.
Return on Investment Details
WorkWell NC resources are identified and updated by a panel of experts for the sixteen categories included in the CDC Worksite Health Scorecard. The experts represent branches within the NC Division of Public Health and other partner agencies and organizations in North Carolina that support worksite health.
Long term outcome measures for Workplace Wellness are:
- Decrease absenteeism
- Decrease presenteeism (working while sick)
- Reduce health care costs
- Reduce workers; compensation and disabilities claim costs
- Increased retention
- Increased job satisfaction
- Employee Interest Survey
- Employee Satisfaction Survey
- CDC Worksite Health ScoreCard is used as a pre and post measure to determine supports for employee health and safety in a worksite.
Diet and exercise
Mental health and wellness
Clinical condition: Cardiovascular disease
Sports and recreation
To be determined